Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring or Winter? I'm Not Entirely Sure

So on Friday it was a beautiful day!  The sun was shining, the air was clear, and we wore short sleeves and summer dresses.  Being that it's Lent and it was Friday, there was no meat for us.  We went to a fish fry at our Church and had some yummy fish and chips with coleslaw and salad... and who couldn't forget the clam chowder and rolls.   We enjoyed some of that, too.  Mom, James, and Grandpa John met us there to join in the fun.  Afterwards, we had fun playing on the playground and then headed home to make s'mores.  It could not have been a better day.
Now, on to today.  It's Sunday and I woke up to snow so heavy and thick that it broke one of our tree branches.  What the heck?  Isn't it supposed to be Spring?  It was warm and raining when I went to bed last night, and I'm really curious at what point it got so freezing that we got snow dumped on us like it's December.  I don't get it.  So.... we made the best of it.  We all had naps and then woke up and played in the snow, followed by hot chocolate with marshmallows and nachos for dinner.
But you tell me... is it Spring or Winter?  I can't tell anymore.

Here are some pictures of Friday's events:



 Jaxton and Uncle Mark


 Grandpa James and Kayla, sharing a drink and good conversation



 Peek-a-Boo!


 Kayla and Great Grandpa John




 Daddy and Kayla





And here are some pictures of another day of snow:

Kayla doesn't quite know what to think.  She kept getting stuck while she tried to walk.







 In the very beginning of playtime Jaxton hit Kayla in the face with a snowball.  After that, anytime anyone bent down to touch the snow, Kayla would hide her face because she had it in her head that we were gonna hit her with snow.  I swear she spent more time doing this than actually playing.

 Here she is hiding again.  She cracks me up!


1 comment:

Kelsi said...

OH my gosh I am so sick of the snow. As we speak it is snowing outside. Where is the stupid sun. I am ready for it! Adorable pictures by the way!