Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hippity Hop Hop, Easter's on it's way!

Yesterday I did a bunch of Easter shopping and it was madness out there. It made me a bit cranky, I must say. Luckily Mitch was home with the kids, so I didn't have to drag them with me to fight the crowds in the Easter ailes. To snap me right out of any cranky mood that I had lingering in me through dinner, we colored eggs. The kids were so excited and it snapped me right into smiles and giggles. Usually we color the eggs the night before Easter, but since Mitch will be working, we decided to do it last night instead. This threw me for a loop, because I keep thinking that today is Easter instead of tomorrow. I woke up to the sad realization that I still have to give up ice cream for one more day. It was a tough realization for my tastebuds and I have to be careful not to go near the freezer. This Lent was a rough one. I am so excited for tomorrow... I can have a bowl of ice cream for breakfast, and after Church we will come home and watch the kids hunt for eggs. Then, off to Mom's house for dinner. It will be a good day.
Here are some egg coloring pictures




1 comment:

Kelsi said...

Cute pictures! Easter is so fun for kids. Looks like you had a fun time.