How on earth did my sweet baby Kayla get so big? I took a picture of her, all decked out in her sweatshirt, barbie shoes, and sunglasses, while eating her string cheese, and it just really hit me how much she has grown. She is my big girl now. I also realized how we have quit calling her "Baby Kayla", as though that phrase was actually her name. She is now just, "Kayla".
And then there is Jaxton. Oh my, there's Jaxton. I can't believe that he's going to be 5 years old in April. FIVE, people... FIVE. How can this be???? He's full of his own ideas and has this attitude like you wouldn't believe. I have to constantly remind him that I'm the Mommy and he's not that big yet. Maybe I just don't want him to be that big yet. He's officially a kid now... not a baby, not a toddler, but a kid... SO BIG!!! (Sigh). He's still cute, though. And even though he has this newfound independence and an attitude to go with it, he's still my sweet boy. He's not as tough as he thinks, thank goodness.
Watching my kids grow is very bittersweet. I couldn't ask for anything more.
3 comments:
Oh that last pic is PRICELESS!!!
I can't believe how much Jaxton looks JUST like Mitch. They ARE getting so big.
Your kids are so dang cute!
Post a Comment