Last night I took Jaxton out for ice cream... just me and him. It was so much fun and he was so cute to watch. Lately he has been telling me that he is sad and he needs hugs and kisses. I think he misses when it was just me, Mitch, and him. I asked him if we paid too much attention to Kayla and he told me "yes, I'm sad". It broke my heart. Needless to say, I thought it very important that the two of us have some alone time, so I had Mitch stay with baby Kayla and I took Jaxton out for some ice cream. Our ice cream parlor of choice was cold stone creamery and, on the way there, he was so amazed by the stars. He told me that they were pretty and asked if I would take one out of the sky so he could keep it. Then we walked into cold stone and he thought it was so great that we could pick our ice cream and put whatever we wanted in it. We had sweet cream ice cream with reeses peanut butter cup chunks in a chocolate coconut dipped waffle bowl. I think that the ice cream was bigger than his whole face and he was so dang excited! We sat down and shared a few bites and then he couldn't wait to get home to share it with Mitch and Cynthia.
I just love that all it takes to make a little kid happy are things like stars, ice cream, and sharing.
1 comment:
This is the sweetest thing i have ever heard...sounds like its right out of a children's book.
Post a Comment