Sunday, March 14, 2010

A slumber party and a snow day!

Yesterday I took the kids to Mom's house to visit with everyone. When we left our house it was just snowing lightly and it wasn't sticking to the ground. By the time we got up to Mom's house we had the windshild wipers going as fast as they could go and the ground was covered. It's a good thing that I packed the diaper bag extra full because we ended up having a surprise slumber party at Grandma's (grandma to the kids, that is) house! Jaxton was so excited to sleep in the same room as Uncle Mark. It didn't last too long though. Me, being the picture fanatic that I am, had to go in and take one of Jaxton. The flash woke him up and it was all downhill from there. Mom, Mark, Jaxton, and I all ended up sharing a bed just so Jaxton would even consider laying back down. He didn't fall back asleep until something like 5:30/6:00am and then was awake again once Kayla woke up. All I have to say is thank goodness for Mom. She eventually kicked me out of the bed so that I could get some sleep. I ended up in Mark's bed while the rest of them continued to share. Wheww, what a night!
This morning we woke up to a winter wonderland and had lots of fun playing in the snow. Jaxton helped his Uncle Mark build a snowman named Bob. It was great fun...

2 comments:

Dean and Rachel said...

So fun... except the NOT sleeping part. I bet he loved making the snow man

Bren said...

oh it looks like you guys had so much fun! Those pictures of Jaxton are adorable