Friday, October 9, 2009

Halloween Festivities

Today Mitch and I took the kids to Gardener's Village and we all partook in some Halloween Festivities. I don't think I've ever been around so many screaming kids in my life. Some were squealing out of excitement and others were screaming because, I assume, either got no nap or were hungry and it was past lunchtime. Anyhow, I felt like I was truly broken in as a Mom, having to watch other moms deal with their kids and empathize, while being grateful that mine were being good, and at the same time making sure Jaxton was keeping his nose out of other people's affairs. He has gotten pretty nosy these days. The candy shop was this biggest obstacle. I have never told Jaxton to put something down more times in one breath than I have today in the candy shop. Of course, everything is within little hands' reach. We did let him fill a bag of candy though (which we will hide when we get home) and we all enjoyed a carmel apple...it was his first and he loved it. And good little Jaxton, being the excellent sharer that he is, had no problem offering bites to other little children...they gladly took them. Jaxton got his face painted and to end the day, he got to have his first pony ride. The pony's name was George and I'm pretty sure that Jaxton loves pony's now. He had so much fun!
Not sure what to think of getting his face painted
He loves his pumpkin!


comparing carmel apples with Dad


I can do it myself...

He was amazed by the dancing witches

Jaxton, George (the pony), and me

1 comment:

Dean and Rachel said...

I love him! He is getting so big. How cute is he with his face painted...