Friday, June 20, 2014

May 2014

Maybe someday I will catch up on my posts and I won't have to do a general overview of each month... maybe.
So this is all about May...




By watching the other kids, Owen has caught on to the fact that Daddy is FUN!  He realizes that Daddy puts them on his shoulders, and gives piggy back rides, and swings them by their arms, and wrestles with them, and does airplane... all things amazing to a fearless little kid.  I'm actually kinda surprised that Owen jumps on the bandwagon at his tiny little age of 17 months.  He and Kayla are my most fearless ones.







 
 
Jaxton and Kayla either love each other or hate each other these days.  They are either fighting or giggling.  I love when I see them giggling, especially when I'm doing something like making dinner and don't really have the time or energy to break up a fight. 
On this particular day, I was making dinner while they were outside and I heard them giggling.  I went to see what they were doing and they were spinning each other around until they got going so fast they would fall over... and then they would stop to dance with each other.  It was so cute.  They melt my heart sometimes.
 





They are also old enough to play certain board and card games together.  Their latest love is dominoes.  Usually the little kids just get into it and mess up their game, so I have to keep them away.  This time though, everyone was super interested and getting along with each other.  I love seeing them all playing together happily.

 
 
Most of the time, Owen is pretty curious about what everyone else is doing, but every once in a while there is that moment when he's doing something to keep himself occupied and Jenna realizes that what Owen is doing is more interesting than what the big kids are doing... in this case it is being nosy about something outside.  I have no idea what, because there were no people to look at. 


 
 
Jenna is as feisty as ever and getting sooo big!  She tries to keep up with the big kids on a constant basis and usually handles herself pretty well considering how tiny she is compared to them. 
 
 
 She still hates sleeping and we usually always end up disciplining her for getting out of bed to play instead of sleeping... or at the very least just lay there and be quiet.  No no, this girl is like a tornado.  Every once in a while it will get suddenly quiet and we go to check on her and we will find something like this...



She loves Kayla's bike these days and is really really good at it.  She can ride it all the way around the block and still want to keep going.  




Her outfit choices are something to behold and she never fails at cracking me up!

 
 
 
Jaxton is really into taking pictures these days and he's pretty good at it.  I just have to remind him that when he holds it, he has to be careful not to cover the flash or lens with one of his fingers.
 
He took all of these pictures.  I like that he's into creating special moments with the camera.
 
This was cinco de mayo... not a holiday we usually celebrate in our house. It's usually just another ordinary day, but this particular day, Mitch came home early from work and we thought it would be fun to have a margarita together.


I love my sweet boy and was rocking with him.  Jaxton thought it an opportune moment for a picture.  I'm so glad because I love this picture.
 
 
Just me and the girls.  I hope Jaxton keeps up his love of taking pictures.


Jaxton is also really into building these days.  I think he and Mitch are going to work on a couple of projects together this summer, which will be so good for them.  By the looks of it, I'm pretty sure I'll have to make an extra effort to keep Owen out of it.
 


Owen has discovered his shadow this month and loves looking at it.



As usual he LOVES to eat!  No childhood pictures would be complete without the spaghetti face picture.



He also loves this window by our door that I hate.  It is cute to watch him wave goodbye to Daddy as he drives away to work, though.
 
 
He also loves this lawnmower.  He's not strong enough to push it on the grass and can only push it on the cement, so I just watch him all the time going around in circles mowing the cement.
 
 
May is also the month that summertime officially begins!  The weather is so much nicer on a more consistent basis, so there is time spent outside...
 
 
 
 There are walks to Pink's (our local shaved ice shack)...
 
 
 
 There is ball. Owen has discovered how much fun that is... 





And now that there is no school, there are more frequent trips to Grandma's house!!!
 
 
Jenna was loving our little outing with Grandma to Gardner Village.  She got a really yummy cookie and got to walk over a bridge and sit on rock walls. I still love the simplicity of the things she loves.




My Aunt Sally came for a visit with Mom, so we went to spend the weekend in Salt Lake.  Here is Sally hanging out with Owen while Mom is shopping with the kids in one of the shops at Gardner Village.



Kayla's getting pretty brave on these bars.  It won't be long before I see her doing some flips, I have a feeling.
 
 
 Here is Owen getting some bonding time in with his Uncle Mark



Jenna is certainly my bravest one when it comes to park slides.  Jaxton and Kayla never attempted the tall slides at her age.
 
 
 
Sally lives in CA and is so nice to think of the kids when she goes to Disneyland.  She brought the kids back some Disney straws.  They love straws these days and Kayla is super into princesses, so it couldn't have been more perfect.  What I absolutely love about this picture is that Kayla is in her Great Grandma Kath's nightshirt.  It so reminds me of when I was little and my Grandma Kath.  She would've loved to see Kayla in it.  Seeing Kayla in this was so heartwarming to me.



Mom got a popcorn popper and broke it out when the kids and I were there.  They thought it was amazing!
 
 
 
 Mark is super awesome when it comes to music.  This is his new amazing instrument and I love it.  It makes me wish I knew how to play an instrument.  He was very gracious and let me and the kids play with it.


 
 
And that, my friends, is May
 


 
 

No comments: