Wednesday, June 11, 2014

April Randoms


This year, April was full.  We had birthdays, Easter, 2 Baptisms, and the every day chaos to fill the days between.  I already posted about the Baptisms, so this will be the everything else post.
 
 
 
We had my birthday... no need to state my age these days.  Mitch got me a KitchenAid mixer that I have been wanting for forever.  I love it!  Words can't really describe the excitement that I felt. 

 

Kayla and Mitch made me a fudge cake.  Kayla is so cute showing it off.
 

I love this picture... all the boys.
 

Jaxton has been loving taking pictures these days, so now Mitch and I will be able to be in some together.  That pretty much never happens!
 


Jaxton turned 7!  What the heck?!  That's right... I said 7!  He's so big now.  I don't even know how time goes so fast.  I'll admit that there is a part of me that wants my baby back.
 
 


This is really just an April random.  Jenna was looking so cute trying to get into the drawer with the keyboard, hoping that I wasn't noticing (even though I was sitting right there using the computer).  I tried to click a picture but she got shy and would only look down.  I love her little hand.
 


And then there was Easter.  Here we are dying eggs.
 
 
 
 
 

Jenna's showing me all the eggs.  She was super into egg coloring this year.
 
 


More April randoms.  The girls have so much fun taking baths together.  They have always been good about it, but it's just different now.  They giggle and I love it.  It reminds me of me and my sister when we were kids.
 
 
 


Owen had tons of fun playing hide and seek behind the shower curtain while the girls were in the bath.
 
 
 
 


Easter Sunday... baskets before heading off to church and hunting for eggs when we got home.
 

There was no candy this year in their Easter Baskets, except for the chocolate bunny.  We have a no candy policy in our house these days, due to a problem we've been having with it.  A certain child of ours seems to have an addictive weakness for it.  Because there was no candy this year, the Easter Bunny brought some unusual things for Easter this year.
 
 
Kayla was super excited to find that she got a Sophia the First pillow that she wanted.  Jenna got the same, only it is The Little Mermaid.

 


All of the kids got bubbles and a chocolate bunny.
 


Jaxton got a robe that he's been wanting and Mitch got a cookie jar full of peanut butter cookies.  We have no cookie jar and the Easter Bunny thought it might be nice if we had something to put our biscotti and cookies in... especially since I now have a mixer that I love to bake with.
 


The kids wrote a letter to the Easter Bunny, so he wrote back.  Here they are showing off their notes from him.
 

 
Me and the kids outside church
 

Jenna was super excited to find her pink egg!
 
 
After Easter dinner we went on a walk and Jenna was so cute pulling Owen in the wagon. Ever since then, it has been her new thing.  She loves pulling him in the wagon.  Unfortunately, our walk was cut short when Kayla fell off her scooter and bit the inside of her cheek.  Mom was so very nice and went to the emergency room with me to see if it needed to be stitched.  The ER was nice and got a doctor to come out and look at it before technically admitting us, so we wouldn't be charged a copay.  Turns out they only stitch tongues in extreme cases (Sooo glad she didn't have to go through that painful experience!).  The rest of the mouth heals fairly quickly and they only stitch if it's cosmetic.  We were directed to pump her full of Tylenol and soft foods so that she wouldn't have to chew and bite it all over again, because it was so swollen.  We did that for about a week and it was completely healed... amazing!
 
 

Later in the day Mom, Grandpa John, and Mark came over.  Here is Mom going through some goodies that she brought for Owen.
 

Grandpa John doing sidewalk chalk with Jenna
 
 


Mom and Owen
 

 Kayla turned 5!  She was soooo excited to be 5.  She's been waiting for it since before she turned 4.
 
 
 
 
That's April in a nutshell.  Busy, busy, busy. 

No comments: