Friday, November 15, 2013

...to grandmother's house we go

Last weekend, I surprised the kids and took them to visit their Grandma Marilou.  They were super excited!  We spent the night for a couple of nights, which was a nice little getaway.  It was just in time, too, since it's snowing this weekend.  When we went, the roads were dry and the weather was so nice, so it was perfect.  Also, Grandpa James didn't have to work all weekend, which made for some unexpected quality time.  It's not often that we go there and he's not working.  It has been so long since we were down in Salt Lake, that the kids had an amazing time.  Jaxton, of course, cried when we had to go home.  Luckily, Thanksgiving is right around the corner.  It was so nice to see my Grandpa John, too.  He's so fun to watch with the kids.  He and Jenna were quite the buddies this time around.

Since Mitch works for Panda Express, we have tons of Panda shirts.  Every time they have a promo item, the employees have to wear the shirt for it, and then when it's over Mitch just gives them to us.  We all wear them for jammie shirts.  I had to get a picture of them matching their Uncle Mark.


 
 
 
Owen loves glasses.  He had a really good time trying to get them off of Grandpa James' face.

 
 
Jenna has discovered the art of fake sleeping.  It cracks me up.


Owen's checking out his Uncle Mark.  He's not quite sure at this point, but he's getting drink so Uncle Mark must be alright.



It's so funny to me that this girl bonds so much with Sadie.  There was once a time when she was soooo scared of her!
 
 
I've got to get any picture I can of the kids with their Great Grandpa John.... especially the babies.  If a picture opportunity presents itself, I click away.  I want to have plenty of pictures to look back on.



The kids had so much fun swinging on the porch swing.  I don't know how their little butts could handle it without the cushions.



Well, Grandma Marilou attempted to get a nap.  It didn't last very long.  Kayla was happy to jump up on the couch and interrupt her.


Great Grandpa John and Jenna had a great time wrestling on the couch together.





Uncle Mark and Owen bonded in Church.


I have no idea what was on t.v., but apparently is was a pretty interesting show.  Owen and Grandpa John were so intrigued.








2 comments:

Dean and Rachel said...

SO FUN! Is this your family (mom & dad)?

Amy and Mitch said...

Hey Rach!!! It is my family... my mom and step-dad. My dad and step-mom live in AZ.