Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013

This year was Owen's 1st Halloween.  As cute as it is to dress up little babies, I opted not to.  I knew from previous experience that he would just be bundled up and no one would see it anyway.  I was right...

 
But underneath all of that bundle, he looked so darn cute in his candy corn jammies


Kayla and Jaxton were a little bit more elaborate this year than in the past.  Jaxton was a vampire so, of course, he required face makeup and fake teeth.  Kayla was Repunzel from Tangled, so she had a long wig.  Both thought they had super awesome costumes... until they had to wear them.  Jaxton had his teeth out before we even left the house.  His cape came off before we got to the house next door.  Kayla's wig only stayed on for a couple of pictures, and even at that, it wasn't without complaint of how much it was bugging her.  I at least got a couple of pictures.
Jenna was a ladybug.

 
And this would be them only half dressed up for trick-or-treating...   no one knew Kayla was Tangled
 
 
We went trick-or-treating with some neighbor friends.  Her son is only three and was a champ.  His little legs did so good keeping up with Jaxton.  I'm actually surprised that Kayla kept up so well, too.

 
Jenna started out walking, but she and our neighbor friend, Brynn, ended up being strolled.  A whole neighborhood is just too much for their little legs.  Jenna was excited that I let her enjoy a piece of candy while she rode in the wagon.


 
Then came the ever anticipated moment of dumping out the candy!  Owen was super into it and tried really hard to get through the wrappers, but couldn't. He was really mad when it was all over and I ended up taking it away.  The others thought their candy was amazing, and Kayla caught on to the art of making a trade this year.
















Overall, it was a good night.  The kids already can't wait until next year...
 


1 comment:

Kelsi said...

Owen is so big! Your kids are adorable Amy. Love their costumes.