Sunday, October 27, 2013

My Little Saint

All Saints Day is coming up, and Jaxton's Sunday school project this week was to go to Church dressed up like the Saint that he picked to do research on.  He picked St. Francis of Assisi, which just happens to be his Grandma Marilou's favorite saint.  Needless to say, she had fun skyping Jaxton in order to tell him about St. Francis.  She also sent him a St. Francis prayer card that she got from Italy, and he was so happy to bring it to Sunday school with his posterboard of information.  I had fun dressing him up, and he looked so darn cute.  Also, I just have to share a little tidbit of interesting information on St. Francis of Assisi that I just learned... he was the first to set up a Nativity Scene.  It's such a Christmas tradition and I had no idea that St. Francis was the first to do it.... interesting.







No comments: