Thursday, March 24, 2011

A boy or a girl?

Last night Jaxton and I were talking about whether the baby would be a boy or a girl.  I have my ultrasound later today and he's so excited to go with us... he swears that I'm having a boy.  I thought that we should have the conversation of "what if it's a girl?"  I would be so sad if his excitement turned to pure disappointment.  So I say to him... "what if it's a girl? Wouldn't that still be exciting?" 

Jaxton's response:  It's a boy Mommy
Me:  But what if it's a girl?
Jaxton:  It's not.  I told you it's a boy.
Me:  But if it's a girl, you'll still love it right?
Jaxton:  long pause...   Ughhh!  I guess I'll change her diapers.   All with a roll of the eyes.

Apparently, love to a 4 year old is changing diapers.

No comments: