Thursday, November 18, 2010

She cracks me up!

So Kayla has decided that she can do everything that Jaxton can do.  She now refuses to eat if we put her in her high chair.  She has to eat on the barstool, just like Jaxton, for breakfast and lunch... and when we all eat at the table, we better put her in a regular chair like a big girl, or down come the alligator tears.
Also, she has now learned to move the stool in the bathroom so whenever she sees Jaxton brushing his teeth, she shoves her way onto the stool and insists on doing it too.... spitting in the sink and all.  This irritates Jaxton to no end.  He helped me write a stool on Kayla's Christmas list.
And, as always, she loves shoes.  Her new thing is to go into Jaxton's closet and put on his shoes.  This too, irritates him to no end.
So this morning I was in Jaxton's room and I told him it was time to brush his teeth.  Kayla heard this from the living room and beat him to the bathroom.  She moved the stool all by herself, put it by the sink, and started playing with some of my earrings while she waited for me to come in and get her toothbrush.  I didn't realize any of this until I walked into the bathroom with Jaxton and found her on the stool in her jammies and wearing Jaxton's snow boots... which, might I add, she put on all by herself.
All of this made Jaxton really upset and he wasn't about to be nice when it came time to sharing "his" stool.  Luckily, all I did was remind him that Christmas was coming soon and then she would have her own stool.  This appeased him and all was well.  They continued to brush their teeth and spit together in the sink.
Jeez, I love my kids.  They are so cute and they make me laugh.

2 comments:

Bren said...

How funny is she? And it looks like she put the shoes on the right feet too! What a big girl!

Kelsi said...

She is so stinkin cute. I love her. She jus wants to be like her big brother!