Monday, April 12, 2010

My birthday weekend

My birthday was yesterday and I had a wonderful birthday weekend.  Mitch surprised me and got me new phone which was such an exciting moment.  I so desperately needed a new phone and I feel like I have been waiting so long for my turn to get one.  It's my first touch-screen phone and I love it!  He loves it too.  He's pondering getting one.
Yesterday, Jaxton took me bowling.  Last week Mitch told me that Jaxton wanted to take me bowling for my birthday.  It's the first time that I've ever had the  "Mom experience" of my kid turning something around as if they are doing something nice for me, when really it turns out I'm just agreeing to something that they want to do.  It was so cute and without hesitation, I agreed.  I remember when we were little and did that to my Mom one year for Mother's Day.  We told her that we'd take her to the movies and she could see anything she wanted.  Of course, given the fact that we were kids, she treated herself and us to the movies and we ended up seeing Ninja Turtles.  Ahhh the things parents do for their children.  It's nice to see them smile and so innocently think that we parents have no comprehension of what just happened.
Anyway, we ended up going bowling and when we got there, they had a lane decorated for me with balloons and cake and streamers.  Jaxton and Kayla got a kick out of wearing party hats too.  We had such a fun time and we're doing it all again on Saturday for Jaxton's birthday...  Bowling, party hats, and all.

Jaxton thought that it was amazing to wait for the bowling ball

Kayla is such a big girl in her own chair eating pizza

3 comments:

Bren said...

Oh it looks like you guys had a great weekend! Wish I could have been there with you! Love you

Kelsi said...

Your kids are so dang cute. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Looks like you had a good one!

Dean and Rachel said...

The bowling is soooo cute! So glad you had a good day. Miss you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Love your kids