The 4th of July was spent, as usual, at Grandma Marilou and Grandpa James' house. This year was a bit different, though, because Jenna watched the fireworks from the car without freaking out. She actually opened her eyes and looked at them at the same time as hearing the loud boom. You have NO IDEA what wonderful progress this is!!! Jenna is terrified of fireworks... like panic attack terrified. Just one short year ago, she was hiding in my chest... in the car... shaking and crying... refusing to even look at them... and the radio couldn't go loud enough to drown out the "boom" of them. This year she still stayed in the car but at least watched them with her ears uncovered.... and no tears or shaking... AMAZING difference!!! We had a great 4th. We started with a neighborhood breakfast, where the kids ate way too much and played games until it was too hot to be outside anymore. They played in Grandma's little pool and helped make a fun 4th of July dessert. They had otter-pops in these super cute little light saber holders that Grandma made. We had a delicious barbecue and then fireworks. It was a good day. And to top it off, Kayla looked so darn cute in the 4th of July dress that I made her! I'm learning to sew, so it was quite an accomplishment.
Jaxton is getting so tall! Before I know it, he'll be taller than me!
Owen is obsessed with American Flags. He was beside himself that he was so close to one that he could ACTUALLY touch it! I wish I could have recorded his excited little voice when he walked out the door and saw it.
Kayla helping Great Grandpa John walk to the neighborhood breakfast. These two are such cute buddies.
Haha! Grandpa John is eyeing her food... he's gonna try to take it in a minute and she knows it.
Owen is really hoping to win that fish!
I love how hard Kayla is focusing on throwing that Pop-It! If THAT didn't give her a satisfactory "pop", I really don't know what would have!
Grandma and Owen made this delicious cake!
Waiting for the parachute men to come out of the fireworks... Who's gonna get it first???
Well they both got their parachute men. I love how content they are to just sit and chitchat.
It doesn't matter if you're young or old... Fireworks are pretty spectacular.
No comments:
Post a Comment