So, December 2013...
Of course December is always busy with Christmas, but now we are adding a birthday to the mix. I haven't quite figured out the best way to work this one out. I suppose time will help me figure that out. Owen turned 1 year old on the 27th! I can't believe how the quickly the whole first year flew by. Man I wish I could slow down time... A LOT! Christmas was fun, as usual. It was extra fun this year because it was Owen's 1st Christmas. I love first Christmases. He was our child who loved the wrapping paper and boxes. We kept with our Christmas tradition and after we opened presents and had breakfast, we packed up and went to Mom and James' house for a couple of days. Mitch always leaves on Christmas night to come back home... dang work the next day.
My children were really sick during the Christmas season this year, so only Jaxton got to go see Santa. It didn't really work out for anyone else. Thankfully, by Christmas day, the kids felt better. I was a mess, but rather me than the kids.
Jaxton and Santa
Before Christmas Eve Mass
During our stay at Grandma Marilou and Grandpa James' house, we did a tiny celebration for Owen's birthday. Mitch wasn't there for that so we just did some super yummy cupcakes. We did the presents when Mitch could be a part of it. Owen actually got lucky because between December and March, he got 3 different birthday celebrations.
Happy Birthday to our Wee-oh Bee-oh Boy!
That's December in a nutshell... sick kids, Christmas, and Owen's 1st Birthday. I'll admit that I was ready to move on to 2014 by the time December was over.






No comments:
Post a Comment