Thursday, June 7, 2012

Gone Fishin'

We took Jaxton and Kayla fishing for the first time and it was so cute to watch Jaxton get so excited!  When it came down to it, he was a bit disappointed that catching a fish didn't happen very quickly.  Having to leave the line in the water and wait didn't really suit him very well... so he turned it into an opportunity to practice his casting.  He thought the live worms were amazing and was very insistent that I dig my own worm out of the dirt bucket.  I hesitantly did and it was gross.  I even got up the nerve to hook my own worm.  That was pretty gross, too.  Ah the things we do to make our kids smile.  He thought it was amazing.  Kayla really wanted to care about fishing but it didn't work out so well.  She occupied her time walking in the water, once she decided that it wasn't scary.  And we had plenty of food to keep everyone happily occupied when fishing and playing just wasn't enough.  We didn't catch any fish by the time we left.  At one point there were a lot of people moving in around us to play in the water, so there was too much going on.  Mitch said he thought that the water was too shallow too, so I think we were doomed to be fishless from the start.  It was a really fun day though.  It was fun to watch the kids enjoy themselves so much.






 Mitch is trying to teach Kayla how to cast her line in the water.  It worked for about a minute.  Then she moved on to entertaining herself without the fishing pole.




Kayla's walk in the water.

Jenna loved the sand and rocks.  Keeping it out of her mouth was an almost impossible task.

Jaxton with his sticks.  Everywhere we go, this kid finds sticks.

'Here Mom, have some sand.  It's yummy.'
Jenna LOVES to share.  She shares everything.

1 comment:

Dean and Rachel said...

I LOVE fishing....those are the cutest pics of your kids and I LOVE the kids with their cute little poles....We'll have to get H one:)