Friday, July 8, 2011

We found a house!

Well, our move to Logan is becoming more and more official, and I can't be more excited!  Mitch started commuting up there for work on July 2nd, and it has been exhausting for him.  We would spend his days off going up to Logan as a family so that we could look at houses.  I never realized how stressful house-hunting would be.  Thank goodness we are just renting and not actually buying.  I couldn't imagine how much more stressful it would be if we were going to purchase.  There is so much more to take into consideration when you know that a growing family is going to be living in this house as opposed to just yourself.
Yesterday was our lucky day.  We found a house that we both agreed we loved in an area that seems to be something we will love as well.  It's in Smithfield just north of North Logan.  Where we will be is not completely built up yet, but that is just fine with both of us.  We have a nice big fenced in backyard and plenty of room inside the house for us to live and the kids to play, without always feel like we're stepping on each other's feet.  The landlords seem very on top of it and are such nice people.  The surrounding neighborhood seems to have lots of growing families as well, and everything looks so nice and clean.  The current renters of the house were actually home when we went to look at the house, and I found out that they are moving just right down the street.  They were so nice and gave us the lowdown of the area and community.  As of right now, I couldn't be more happy!
So now, it's just a matter of getting moved.  We are able to get the keys and start moving our stuff as of July 15th.  The movers need 2-3 weeks notice in order to have us moved, so I think that Mitch will probably start staying in the house in Smithfield as soon as he's able.  As soon as everything is completely moved, the kids and I will stay there as well.  Until then, I'm going to be here in Salt Lake with the kids.  He'll probably just come home on his days off so that the commute won't be nearly as bad.  The amount of gas it takes in his truck is killing us right now.  So that's that for now.  At this point, I just can't wait until we have the baby and are settled.  It's nice to finally know that we have a place to go.

1 comment:

Kelsi said...

Amy I am so happy for you!!! I want to call and chat with you sometime. Hope you aren't too stressed out. Miss yoU!