Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Visit with Aunt Brenda

Well this past week my sister, Brenda, came to Utah for a visit.  I was so excited for all of the kids to be together.  It didn't quite go as I expected.  It was so good to see her, but when all was said and done, I don't really feel like I spent enough time.  It was a tough busy week for me.  Mitch has been offered a job transfer to Logan and we have decided to move there.  This has all been very last minute and he has to start on July 2nd, so I have been so preoccupied with trying to make it all work.  He has been out of town for work 3 different times in the last month, so all of the planning has not gone smoothly.  He'll have to end up commuting for a while because there is no way we will be able to make a full move by July 2nd.  I'm really excited to go there, but poor Brenda just didn't get the full amount of attention from me towards the visit that I would've given otherwise.  I'm sorry Brenda.  Also, we were so excited to watch the kids play, especially Payton and Kayla.  Although both of them are awfully cute, it just didn't turn out the way I played it out in my head.  I'll tell you this much, I got a nice glimpse of what it will be like when the new baby comes.  Kayla does not like sharing the attention.  I thought for sure that she would love playing with Payton, and at first she did, but then the reality of it set in... Kayla would have to share the people (Grandma and Grandpa) and space around her with Payton.  Poor Payton.  Again, I'm sorry Brenda.  Maybe next time will be better.  I'm convinced that if we were at Brenda's house, it would have been different.  Payton would have been comfortable in her own surroundings, and Kayla wouldn't have to "share" anyone.  I wonder if they would've been better friends if that were the case.  Jaxton really liked Payton though, and Kayla loved her Aunt Brenda.  She was so hooked on her.  Anyway, that's it in a nutshell.  Overall, it was really good to see Brenda and Payton.  That happens less and less as we get older.  Here are some pictures...







Payton has a laptop and Kayla wants it



And soon it will start... Payton thinks Grandma is lots of fun, and Kayla will have to share






Jaxton went in for a kiss and it was so cute





Enjoying sidewalk chalk together... well kind of together.  




Payton playing Peek-a-Boo in Grandpa James' truck





Enjoying ice cream sandwiches 


Kayla's chocolate face




Bathtime!



Brenda and Payton



2 comments:

Dean and Rachel said...

I LOVE all the pics. I had no idea you were moving. PLEASE let me take your kids Amy. We have a playground right outside our apartment. I am SERIOUS. I am taking them for a few hours so you can get some things done. What day? TEXT ME!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the cute cousins!

Kelsi said...

Love the pictures. Amy I miss you- you look great! Lets get together. I move in 12 days!