Well we finally had Kayla's 2nd birthday party. It's only been a week, but it feels as though it's been forever since she's turned 2. Maybe it's because of all of the rearranging of schedules that we had to do in order to have her party. It was pretty exhausting by the time we actually had something set in stone. First it was going to be the day after her birthday, and then it was going to be the following Friday, and then that ended up not working so we endend up having it just this past Wednesday. It ended up being a really good day and she was so excited! She got lots of fun things: darling clothes, books, and movies, and she loved it all. Mom and James got her a playhouse to play in outside, and Mitch and I got her a trike. She is in playtime heaven. So is Jaxton, actually. He seems to think that these items are as much his as they are Kayla's. We certainly are having our fair share of time-outs for pushing, shoving, and not sharing so well. I can't tell you how many times the two of them were put in time-out within a 24 hour period. Oh well, practice makes perfect. Maybe within a week I'll have kids who are perfect sharers! Hahaha... it's a nice dream. :)
She doesn't like cake so we got an ice cream cake, which was a huge hit. It was beautiful weather, so Mitch fired up the grill and we had a barbeque for dinner. Who doesn't like good old fashioned cheeseburgers loaded with all the fixings, with some cantelope, chips, and pasta salad on the side? It was such a good evening.
Grandpa John showing off his party favor skills
Having a party favor skill contest
Now all the big boys are involved. I don't know who won
 |
| Kayla's new trike |
 |
| Her playhouse |
 |
| Very intent on calling someone |
 |
Hello World!!!
|
 |
| Kayla's ice cream cake |
1 comment:
I would LOVE to get her and H together. They would have a blast together. Ooh I just LOVE her round little cheeks. She's such a cutie
Post a Comment