We had her birthday party a couple days later on May 2nd. Again, I cried. All I have to say is, "my poor husband." I'm sure he thinks that my wishy washy, motherly emotions, are just a little bit crazy...but I can't help it. Her birthday party was fun; just a little get together at our house. She loved opening presents and I made her a butterfly cake. Mom helped me because it is the first cut-out cake that I have ever made. It turned out to be way cute and I am so proud of it! Kayla, of course, had so much fun eating it. It was such a great day. Happy Birthday my sweet Baby Kayla!
This is the butterfly cake that I made
This is what the tablecloth looked like
Kayla and her Great Grandpa John. This was a very special moment because this is the first time that he held her without saying no. He always said that he won't hold babies until they are 1.
And here we are opening presents
I love that they play together
Here she is putting on her new toy lipstick
Kayla loves her butterfly cake
Here she is sharing with Daddy
3 comments:
Oh my gosh I want to comment on every picture! I want to cry she's so big. I wish that I could have been there. The picture of her and grandpa is so sweet I LOVE it. I love them all! I just want to smush her cheeks!
OH and props on the cake! It turned out great! Proud of you Aims!
I'm totally going to cry when H turns 1! Ok and that cake is AMAZING!!! I so miss you guys.
How much did she weigh at her 1 year appt?
Post a Comment