Thursday, January 29, 2015

Christmas 2014

Christmas was good this year.  Except for the fact that right before Christmas... AGAIN... I got sick and had to go on antibiotics.  This happened last year, too, and I'm hoping that it won't become a trend for me.  Luckily I got over it just in time for Christmas, but poor Jenna woke up with pink eye in both eyes on Christmas Eve.  Thankfully, it was Christmas Eve and not Christmas so I could take her to the doctor and get a prescription.  She didn't love the eye drops but they cleared it up super fast.  Owen, on the other hand, LOVED the eye drops.  I've never seen a two year old like eye drops.  He even went so far as to ask for them for days... silly kid.
Usually we go to Mom's house on Christmas in the afternoon, but this year we didn't.  We got snowed in.  It was nice to not have to rush out the door and the kids took all the time they wanted to enjoy their presents.  We ended up being able to go the next day, thank goodness! We, of course, spent the weekend (and then some, because of the weather).  It was a good time.


The kids enjoyed decorating the tree this year.  Usually I end up doing it by myself, but they stuck through the whole time this year.


 
Jenna was terrified of Santa.  It was really sad because she started out being the most excited to see him.




Group picture after opening our jammies on Christmas Eve.  Then it was off to bed.  We had some very excited kiddos.  I must admit that I was pretty excited, too.  I love the anticipation that Christmas Eve brings.


This trike has been stashed for Owen for the last 7 months or so.  We were excited to give it to him, and he LOVES it!


Daddy and Jaxton comparing stocking stuffers.  They both were pretty happy about the iTunes gift cards and back scratchers.


Jenna got a comforter for Christmas.  Also something that has been stashed forever.  She loves it.


Jaxton and Kayla both got matching NERF bow and arrow sets.  They were SO EXCITED!  They are pretty dang fun.  I'll admit that I like when Jaxton offers to let me have a turn.



Uncle Mike got the girls a make-it-yourself princess crown and jewelry set.  They have so much fun with it.


Figuring out how the bow and arrow set works.


Snowed in!!! Owen loves the snow this year!



At Grandma's house having some great fun with the gifts she and Grandpa gave.



Owen turned 2 on Dec. 27th.  We took some birthday pictures.




Owen is loving his birthday cupcake!


Cuddle time with Uncle Mark is the best.  These two have their cuddle time every time we visit.

No comments: