Friday, January 20, 2012

Christmas 2011

Well I haven't updated this in so long, so I'll start with Christmas.  Christmas was so fun this year.  The kids were so excited to see Santa, and I thought for sure that one of them would end up in tears on his lap, but no.  They all did so good and looked so adorable.

  

The next big event... Christmas Eve Mass.  I did it by myself this year because Mitch had to work, and let me just say what a process it was.  I do it on Sundays by myself with the three kids, but Christmas Eve is always so much more packed and much more to deal with.  The kids were so good though, and Jaxton was as cute as ever with his words.  He saw Father in the lobby before Church started and was amazed by his white robes.  He wouldn't quit turning his head back and looking in the lobby and I asked him what was happening that he couldn't quit staring.  He looked up and said to me, "Mommy, why is God here?"  I told him that God is always here because this is His house.  He just looked at me really confused and said, "No Mommy.  That man back there is dressed like God.  Why is God here?"  It was so cute that he thought our priest was God.  After Church was over, I told Father what Jaxton said, and he got a good chuckle out of it.
Now moving on to Christmas.  The kids were so cute this year!  I love to watch their excitement!  Jaxton's big thing is guns.  It makes me crazy because I absolutely hate them and he's obssessed.  I caved, though, and got him guns as long as we got him a whole cowboy get-up with it. So between that and his NERF gun, Jaxton couldn't have been happier.  Our big family gift this year was a Wii, and we love it!
Then it was off to Mom's house.  We had such a great night, and the kids had so much fun being spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa.  My favorite part, of course, were the canoles that Grandpa John made.  Me and the kids got to spend a few days there, which was so nice.  And that was our Christmas.  It was wonderful!


I love that he still gets excited about opening underwear.

All tuckered out after her first Christmas

During our stay at Mom's house over the next few days, I realized that she absolutely loves her Uncle Mark!

2 comments:

Kelsi said...

yay for updates!! Your kids are SOOOO Grown up and cute Amy. Loved seeing all of the pictures. Can't wait for summer... I will make sure to see you this time. WE will be home for a month.

PS love your long hair!

Bren said...

My heart just melted and I my eyes teared up looking at your pictures. I wish that we lived close. The kids are so big and adorable. Reminds me so much of me you and Mike.